Hello Everyone –
“Getting started, keeping going, getting started again…is the essential…rhythm of achievement” – was the advice shared by Nobel Prize winner Seamus Heaney with a fortunate group of college graduates in May of 1996. This timeless guidance is as true today as it was over 20 years ago.
This view of success in life also describes the very nature of IACC – the innovative solutions we provide to the Meetings Industry, constantly reinventing adult learning environments, enhancing participant engagement and creating value as curators of exceptional meetings all around the world.
In this, my first message as IACC Americas President, I want to take a moment to recognize some of the people who have helped us “…keep going”, and also share news on exciting initiatives you will see in 2017.
My personal IACC journey has been greatly enriched by the opportunities I’ve had to experience first-hand the great work that our Board of Directors and volunteer groups are doing every single day – truly amazing. We must also recognize the work of my colleague and good friend TJ Fimmano, who can look back on a number of incredible achievements that have been made under his stewardship the past four years. I am inspired by his commitment and impressed by his accomplishments.
As we continue to race into 2017, our focus is on creating truly incredible value for our members – you can look forward to several exciting initiatives:
- Introduction of an industry-leading IACC Mentorship Program designed to bring veteran conference center experts together with our next generation of young professionals
- Creation of Regional Ambassador roles – individuals who will lead robust geographic networking efforts and year-long regional education and roundtable meetings
- An Events Creation Team dedicated to designing opportunities throughout the year for IACC members to meet-up face to face with Meeting Planners – by expanding existing signature IACC events such as the Copper Skillet, or by developing newer broad reaching activities
- Expanded year-long educational offerings through IACC Institute and ~20 Conference Center Sales and Service focused webinars
- Frequent President updates and communication – this promises to be a full year of activity and growth for IACC Americas, I am personally committed to keeping you informed and invite you to reach out to me directly with any questions or exciting ideas you’d like to share
I feel privileged to have been elected IACC Americas President and to lead our chapter and represent, without a doubt, this group of the brightest minds in the industry!
I look forward to seeing many (or perhaps all??) of you at IACC Americas Connect in Los Angeles!
Honored to serve as your President,