January 2016-Austin, TX- Meeting Professionals International TX Hill Country Chapter announced their involvement in the first-ever Global Meetings Industry Day (GMID). On April 14, 2016, they, along with participating Industry Association Area Chapters, will join forces with the advocacy coalition Meetings Mean Business (MMB) to showcase the real impact that business meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive travel, trade shows and exhibitions have on people, business and communities. A rally, press conference and a panel discussion is scheduled at the State Capitol in Austin, Texas. Hundreds of meeting and event professionals are expected, as well elected officials, business leaders and local media. The industry panel discussion will also be streamed live with Q&A.
“GMID will unite the meetings industry in a way that has never been done before,” said Michael Dominguez, MMB co-chair and Senior Vice President Corporate Sales at MGM Resorts International. “The growth and success of our industry are critical to the world’s economy and we look forward to communicating our value on the global stage.
“The rally at the State Capitol in Austin provides a local platform where we will demonstrate the impact our industry plays in building personal relationships, driving innovation and positive business outcomes and supporting strong communities,” said Paul Van Deventer, President & CEO of Meeting Professionals International.
For more information to register for the GMID at the Texas State Capitol event, visit http://www.mpithcc.org/
Follow and participate in the digital conversations by using the hashtag #GMIDTX
Participating industry association area chapters:
- MPI (Meeting Professionals International TX Hill Country Chapter)
- International Association of Exhibitions and Events – Central Texas Chapter (IAEE-CTC)
- Professional Conference Management Association – Lone Star Chapter
- Texas Society of Association Executives
- International Association for Venue Management – Region 6
- Senior Planners Industry Network – Austin Chapter
- International Special Events Society – Austin Chapter
- Society for Incentive Travel Excellence – Texas Chapter
- Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International- Austin Chapter
- Society of Government Meeting Planners – Texas Lone Star Chapter
- Austin Hotel and Lodging Association
- International Association of Conference Centres
GMID marks the expansion of North American Meetings Industry Day (NAMID), held in April 2015 in the United States, Canada, Mexico and parts of Latin America. NAMID included 88 events across the continent as well as robust conversations online and 3.2 million social media impressions.
To learn more about GMID, visit http://www.meetingsmeanbusiness.com/GMID Follow and participate in the digital conversations at @MeetingsMeanBiz on Twitter and by using the hashtags #MMBusiness with #GMID16.
About Meetings Mean Business
The Meetings Mean Business coalition was created in 2009 to showcase the incredible value that business meetings, travel and events bring to the U.S. economy. Its members span all facets of the face-to-face meeting and events industry, which have come together behind a common goal:
providing the resources, tools and information to show the real impact the industry has on businesses, economies and communities. For more information, visit http://www.MeetingsMeanBusiness.com and download our app on iTunes and Google Play.