IACC Covid-19 Venue Re-opening Resources
IACC Guides to Re-imagining Conference Breaks and Lunches
In March 2021 IACC published two comprehensive guides on how to redesign your breaks and lunch service. View both on line here.
IACC Critical Pathway to Re-opening Conference, Meeting and Training Venues
This July IACC published a 53-page guide Critical Pathway to Re-opening Conference, Meeting and Training Venues.
IACC Operations, Employee Health and Guides to Entry Screening
Three informational guides, from a number of industry and venue sources. These list possible approaches to operating procedures for both a restricted no-contact service environment and also a restricted contact service environment. These guides offer up various approaches venues can consider and are not created to be taken up as detailed, in full. Each venue MUST liaise and respect their governmental and health department guidelines, when setting their operating procedures.
Government Stimulus Information
United States: AHLA Advocacy: Page dedicated to PPP, PPP Forgiveness, Employee Retention Credit and CARES Act.
United States: Meetings Mean Business: FEDERAL POLICY PRIORITIES – Paving the way for COVID-19 recovery by delivering ongoing economic relief for meetings and events businesses.
Canada: Government of Canada: Budget 2021 Supporting Tourism Hospitality, Arts and Culture.
United Kingdom: Meetings Industry Association (MIA): Business Support Information including Job Retention Scheme and BBL.
Australia: Australian Government: Business Events Grants Program
Other Industry Resources
IACC Recognised Health & Cleanliness Certifying Organisations
Global: Safe Hotels CovidClean Certification | The Events Industry Council’s: Health and Safety for Hotels Accepted Practices Guide
Denmark: Horesta Safe to Visit
Brussels: Health Safety Label
Sweden: Safe Hotels Covid Clean
Additional resources by release date
- Guide to Re-opening and Operating Venues Safely V5: Free download from the Meetings Industry Association in the UK (MIA)
Free download from Serge Kampf Les Fontaines
- Event Industry Resilience Roadmap: New event measures for a resilient industry – Free download from the Singapore Association of Convention & Exhibition Organisers & Suppliers (SACEOS)
- WHEN WE MEET AGAIN™ Embracing the Future of Meetings & Event Space Design: Free download from Electro Media Design, Ltd.
- Useful Guide to Arranging Hybrid Meetings: Educational Measures
- Travel and Transportation – Accepted Practices Guide: Event Industry Council, assisting travelers in evaluating the risk level before booking a trip.
- Hybrid & Studio Packages: Dolce La Hulpe, Brussels outlines a suite of hybrid, virtual and studio filming solutions and support rates.
- IACC Webinar on IACC MultiPOD for Venue Operators: Comprehensive Guidelines on the multi-location concept and key differences with hybrid and virtual.
- Hybrid Meeting Venue Packages: Vantage Venues in Toronto, outlines a comprehensive suite of hybrid technology and support rates.
- Virtual Meeting Venue Packages: Vantage Venues in Toronto, outlines a comprehensive suite of virtual technology and support rates.
- Virtual Event Filming Studio Packages: Vantage Venues in Toronto, outlines a comprehensive suite of virtual studio filming solutions and support rates.
- Comprehensive Venue Information Page: The Woodlands Event Centre in the UK offer a comprehensive dedicated page for attendees to review ahead of visiting the venue.
- Small Scale Meetings Promotional Guide: Sigtunahojden in Sweden created a guide to tell the story of the potential for small scale meetings to return.
- Cliftons Training Venues – Australia, NZ and ASIA Hybrid Meetings Brochure: Cliftons Training Venues launch their hybrid meetings product. They will be running a hybrid meeting demonstrating the new platform on Sept 3 2020, which is cost free to register and experience. Register here.
- Event Industry Council Meeting & Event Design Accepted Practices Guide: Resource and educational tool for industry professionals.
- JMIC Manifesto for Economic Recovery using Business Events: Greg Clarke gives his view on how the industry must think about the new normal.
- Venue Wayfinding Video, Playbook and Checklist: Curtis 1000, US.
- Client Welcome Back Video: Wyboston Lakes Conference Centre, UK.
- Thermal Camera Imaging Procedure: from Wyboston Lakes Conference Centre, UK.
- Wellbeing at Heart: De Vere Hotels, UK. Customer Pledge
- Keeping You Safe: Warwick Conferences, UK. Guide to Venue Operations / Customer Pledge
- Steps to Reopen for Conference & Meetings: from the Lane End Conference Centre Blog
- World Health Organisation (WHO) Updated Guidelines: Planning for mass gatherings.
- World Health Organization (WHO) Key planning recommendations: Mass gatherings in the context of the current COVID-19 outbreak
- National Restaurant Association: – PDF Guide to re-opening
- AHLA Stay Safe – Guide to Cleaning Standards
- Hymatek Innovative Hygiene – Guide for Disinfection Management (presented at MPI Belgium 8th May 2020)
- IACC Member Client Promise: etc.venues A Breath of Fresh Air: Our Response to Covid-19 18 Point Plan
- IACC Member Client Promise: Hyatt Regency Dullas: Prevention & Preparedness Statement
- Information Doc: Company with Europewide coverage, offers venues desk dividing screens which can be made to bespoke specifications. Meeting room desks, reception desks, kitchen workplaces.
- IACC Member etc.venues: Venue Cleaning and Hygiene Commitment.
- Meet Safe Guidelines – PSAV Audio Visual
- Meet Safe Playbook – PSAV Audio Visual
- PSAV Coronavirus Page – List of Industry resource pages and other information.
- IACC Member Client Promise: Cliftons Venues. 11 Ways we’re keeping you safe when you visit our venues
- Hilton Announce CleanStay with Lysol Protection Program – Limited Detail
- US National Restaurants Consultants Guide for Re-opening Hospitality Industry Operations
- Opening Up Americas Again – Proposed Phased Approach
- Aramark – 5 Ways Corvid-19 Changed Hospitality Foodservice
- IFMA & Kinetic12 – Looking Forward To Our New Normal
- Boston University Hospitality Review – Navigating Hotel Operations in Times of Covid-19
- Harvest America Ventures Blog – Open Up America (insights into how kitchen management will adjust)
Mobile Apps and Webinars
Emerge Protect – App based emergency procedures for managers
Datassential – Weekly webinars on Covid-19 foodservice related topics
National Restaurant Consultants – Template Action Plan (.xls direct download)
IACC Member Example Room Capacity PPT – Excellent instructional guide as a PPT download, with capacities and room set photos. Thank you Wyboston Lakes Resort in the United Kingdom.
Example Safe Distancing Venue Protocols – PDF with venue shots. Thank you Wyboston Lakes Resort in the United Kingdom.
IACC expresses its appreciation to all IACC members and partners who continue to support the efforts of information gathering, ideas sharing and knowledge exchange. IACC would especially like to thank the following people for their above and beyond contributions during this time:
Felix Maietta, Corporate Executive Chef, Nestle Professional
Ron Stoddard, Executive Chef, Summit Conference Centre, Chicago
Murray Hall, Executive Chef, Dolce Hotels and Resorts, US & Europe
Alan Corlett, Group Commercial Director, De Vere Hotels, UK
Louise Hallquist, Executive Chef, Sigtunahojden, Sweden
Brian Stapleton, VP Food & Beverage, Aramark Conferencing