Assistant General Manager - Lockheed Martin Hotel & Conference Center
Located adjacent to Lockheed Martin Corporate Headquarters and a quick commute to local business areas, the Center for Leadership Excellence is the place to stay when conducting business in Bethesda, Rockville, or Gaithersburg, Maryland. The Center for Leadership Excellence has 183 business class guest rooms, including 8 ADA rooms. Please visit the Accommodations page for detailed ADA accessibility information. The Center for Leadership Excellence has 50,000 square foot of conference space used to support leadership training, professional development courses, business meetings, and conferences. Dine in one of our restaurants featuring fresh, seasonal menus highlighting locally grown and sustainably-sourced ingredients.
Responsible for the direct supervision and management of subordinates and management personnel, as well as, all activities occurring on a daily basis in the operations departments (including specifically Rooms division, Audio Visual, and Guest Services). Ensuring total quality in the delivery of services to the client.
• Plans, coordinates and reports on progress of work being done in all departments assigned to the General Manager.
• Effectively manages and motivates associates to ensure achievement of overall operational results, guest and associate satisfaction.
• Maintain a hotel atmosphere consistent with the company’s standards for professionalism and total quality guest service.
• Assist the General Manager as directed with other management personnel. Communicate daily with department heads.
• Keeps General Manager and company aware of all problems or unusual matters of significance, so prompt, corrective action can be taken when appropriate.
• Maintain open channels of communication with General Manager, fellow co-workers, associates, and Guests.
• Address guests’ complaints in a manner which results in superior guest service.
• In the absence of the General Manager, handle emergencies at the hotel, following procedures for notifying the proper company management and civil authorities when necessary.
• Actively enforce all safety policies to protect associates, guests, and company assets.
• Motivate and encourage staff to effectively solve problems which need attention.
• In the absence of the General Manager, assume complete responsibility for the effective operation of all hotel areas, and the achievement of hotel goals.
• Works actively with the front office department, assisting with group reservations, event set-up, and client visits.
• Assist and train managers to schedule their workforce against hours/occupied room goals.
• Enforces all government, client and ARAMARK corporate requirements.
• Hires, and trains new management staff in assigned operations departments.
• Directs all unit activities toward meeting client and customer needs to the highest degree according to contract specifications and ARAMARK standards of excellence.
• Participates on various committees and customer focus groups as needed.
• Prepares monthly/quarterly status reports and other reports as requested by management or client.
• Disseminates appropriate information to the operational departments
• Coaches managers on performance and follows the progressive discipline process when appropriate
• Follows Aramark and Lockheed Martin’s policies and procedures.
• Ideal candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or other related field preferred.
• Minimum three years of hotel managerial experience preferably in guest services or operations.
• Opera system experience is highly preferred.
• Must have strong time management skills, customer service, and attention to detail and be able to perform various tasks simultaneously.
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with clients.
• Must work well independently and as a team member.
• The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
If interested, submit résumé to:
Audy Elliott - HR Director Ph. 301-581-7979 https://careers.aramark.com/job/?req_id=204020 (Link to apply)