Business Development Manager
As Business Development Manager, you will be part of a creative & dynamic team responsible for pro-actively promoting venues within Warwick Conferences portfolio, focussing on winning new business from key specified target markets. You will generate leads and establish strong relationships with potential new and existing clients, and represent Warwick Conferences at industry events.
You will be responsible for pro-actively promoting the venue within Warwick Conferences portfolio, focussing on winning new business from key specified target markets. You will generate leads and establish strong relationships with potential new clients, whilst managing a small number of existing clients. You will work towards contributing to Warwick Conferences income target.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Target new business from specific target markets as outlined by the Head of Sales. Conduct a target number of appointments and telesales activity to ensure income target is achieved.
· Actively seek new business opportunities from market research and in line with the marketing directives to secure business into Warwick Conferences. Work with agreed campaigns to address business shortfalls, campaigns and full utilisation of all distribution channels.
· To achieve targeted average rates.
· Promote and enhance the reputation and business profile of Warwick Conferences by representing the University of Warwick at high profile functions, exhibitions, publicity events and regional road-shows. Ensure the appropriate clients are targeted in order to generate business leads and produce Management Information on activities clearly showing Return on Investment.
· Monitor, review and report on new accounts, turn down and cancelled business with a view to identifying and securing new business.
· Strong communication with Sales, Events & Operational Management teams, to update them on activity taking place within the proactive department and achieved results.
· Target industry bodies related to your specific sector set as a new business source and attend any networking opportunity events.
· A regular planned visit for sales meetings will be required across UK and Internationally on occasions.
· Monitor and report on performance against objectives and targets as required.
· Develop and maintain client business records accurately, analysing production of revenue and delivering clear Management Information for internal use and client use on an on-going basis through regular meetings and feedback sessions.
To undertake any other duties as from time to time maybe required commensurate with the grade of the post.
If interested, submit résumé to: