Catering Sales Manager
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
The Catering Sales Mgr. is responsible for maximizing catering revenues by coordinating and participating in the direct sales efforts in the religious, fraternal and social sales and coordinating arena. They must also be adept at solving conflicts, which may arise through the selling and coordination processes. The sales manager must be familiar with Edith Macy Center’s philosophies as they apply to the entire facility, to enable comprehensive coordination of each event. Additionally, they must be especially knowledgeable of Center’s operations including Food and Beverage, Conference set-up, and operations.
1. Attaining maximum revenue levels through sales processes including the direct solicitation of events, conducting property tours to prospective clients, and working with the Staff to identify potential clients.
2. Coordination of special events by ascertaining detailed information regarding all aspects of the event, and advising the client during the planning process to ensure a successful experience.
3. Communicating concise planning information to the operating departments in a timely fashion.
4. Extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage etiquette, guest relations and service standards
5. Providing theme concept designs for functions, assisting with the set-up of all theme events, procuring necessary props, floral, entertainment, etc. for these events and handling any problems which may arise during the event.
6. Ensuring the overall success of client functions.
7. Ability to analyze client needs and negotiate pricing.
8. Be present at all events
9. Ability to work under time pressures and extensive hours
10. Communicating professionally on a formal and informal basis with clients.
11. Analyzing departmental procedures and offering viable management alternatives to the processes in the department including billing procedures, client correspondence, and form generation.
12. Performing the day-to-day office procedures including telephone and message handling and maintaining files.
13. Utilize the Salesforce/Delphi System to include BEO’s, activities as well as merge documents..
14. Performing any other task, written of verbal, as assigned by a supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- College degree or equivalent experience/training
- Working knowledge of a hotel.
- 1 – 2 years previous experience in the hospitality industry.
- The ability to accomplish necessary tasks utilizing software applications such as Salesforce, Delphi, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills/Must be able to effectively communicate in the English Language
- Assertive, outgoing and self-motivating team player with pleasant personality
- Must possess an eagerness to deliver exceptional customer service
- Must be a critical thinker with the ability to be proactive and think clearly in an active work environment.
- Strong time management skills while focusing on attention to details, accuracy, and quality.
- Prefer selling, negotiating, business writing and presentation skills training
To Apply visit HERE