Conference Center Manager
What makes FLIK click? Our people. The decisions, actions and attitudes of our associates earn the trust and loyalty of our clients every day. We know how to pick them and we know how to grow them. It starts with hiring people who share our passion for food and hospitality. Once we find the right talent, we encourage, value and recognize their contributions.
We keep our people renewed, excited and engaged by providing hands-on training and educating them about the latest trends. We give them a stake in successfully raising the bar. Our people love what they do and they love sharing their passion. Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish.
Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
The Conference Center Manager is responsible for supervising a team of Conference Coordinators and Guest Services Agents within the Conference Center. They support the Director of Conference Services in day to day operations and work closely with on site vendor partner teams. The Lead strives to achieve a consistently outstanding level of quality through the effective utilization of available facilities and services as well sets service excellence standards through leading by example. They also set the tone for a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Manage activity and oversee the daily execution of facility
- Overseeing the strategic booking of space within the Reservation System, so as to ensure maximum utilization of the facilities by the client organization.
- Developing and constantly updating forecasts of meeting room occupancy and utilization, providing information upon which key budget and staffing decisions are made for various members of the staff. Such forecasts are made at different intervals, including several months, three weeks, one week and two days before the start of a meeting.
- Maintaining positive client relationships and ensuring a timely response by Conference Coordinators to all inquiries for space and/or service needs.
- Ensuring an ongoing flow of communications between the Conference Coordinators, GSA’s and clients as well as vendor partners and team members before, during and after the execution of their events.
- Effectively planning and communicating to all relevant internal departments and vendors the specific needs of the client, including room set-up, Audio Visual and catering requirements.
- A college graduate with several years of conference planning experience in a conference center or corporate environment, along with two years of supervisory experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience in managing or responsible for various aspects of catering execution and quality standards.
- BS degree and a minimum of two years hotel or conference center experience
- Superior quantitative, oral and written communications and problem-solving/strategizing skills
- Excellent overall computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive mindset to anticipate and support changes in our business
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Exceptional customer service abilities
FLIK is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
If interested, submit résumé to:
Jeanne Lane, Senior Recruiter