Conference Center Sales Manager
Conference Center at Waltham Woods
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That’s why we’re proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let’s go Live! together.
Our work environment includes:
*Modern office setting
The Conference Center at Waltham Woods is looking for talented, driven and goal-oriented Sales Managers to assist in the development and execution of our sales strategy. The successful candidate will be able to work well with large teams, prioritize product lines and effectively communicate with customers. The ideal candidate will have a background in sales and have a strong ability to influence others.
The Sales Manager is directly responsible for handling external meeting and event bookings for our venue. The focus is on new business development, directly selling spaces and/or the entire venue while maintaining and growing existing client base. The Sales Manager will work closely with clients, as well as with the catering, culinary, operations staff, including technical production crew, and any other department who are responsible for ensuring that events are coordinated and executed smoothly and in accordance with all client expectations and specifications.
The Sales Manager will focus on the development, implementation and measurement of the revenue objectives contained within the Center’s annual marketing plan. They will direct and manage sales activities to meet revenue objectives and attain the top line financial forecast. This includes developing sales with existing business (forecasted group/local corporate and/or social business) and executing strategies to develop new business.
If required, the Sales Manager will support the planning of and preparation for events according to anticipated attendance, and will provide hands-on management and oversight in the areas of service and F&B operations during events.
· Primary focus on new and repeat venue sales contracts and local relationship building of client network; work with catering sales manager in effective event hand-off to ensure positive relations and effective communication with meeting planners, group leaders and event organizers.
· Spearhead revenue and sales objectives, to include prospecting efforts: site visits, and sales calls.
· At point of sale, work with clients to conceptualize and plan catered functions according to their specifications.
· Implement sales techniques to generate new business; maintain on-going contact with existing clients and accounts.
· Identify and research prospective clients for solicitation.
· Create, present, negotiate and secure comprehensive, long-term business with all appropriate documents.
· Maintain client relationships and work to renew agreements prior to contract expiration.
· Maintain database of all prospects and existing clients with all detailed activity.
· Represent facility at business, community and social organizations and make sales presentations as required.
· Support marketing department at various functions, with on-site public relations, promotional activities and assisting with special events.
· Work with Operations Manager and Executive Chef in planning customized menus and themed functions.
· Provide all specific details concerning event with respective documents.
· Maintain accurate filing and posting systems for lost, current, past, tentative and upcoming events.
· Communicate and disseminate critical event information to department heads and staff members.
· Assist with competitive set review and analysis.
· Assess opportunities and create action plans to improve sales, service, quality and profitability of venue.
· Seek out customer feedback and respond to customer needs to improve services; Intervene in instances of guest dissatisfaction.
· Own and lead the content of our client engagements, including hypotheses generation, prioritize effort and resolve delivery obstacles for the client and team members; demonstrating and leveraging your expertise in having “been there / done that before”.
· Provide your technical and analytical expertise to guide the client team towards superior decisions based on facts and logically sound argumentation.
· Drive business development activities, including identifying and qualifying opportunities, developing winning bid strategies and preparing / submitting proposal documents.
· Actively promote Sodexo Live! capabilities.
· Be responsible for fostering an open and inclusive work environment.
· Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
Job Type: Full-time
*Employee assistance program
*Flexible spending account
*Health savings account
*Paid time off
*Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
If interested, submit résumé to: