Conference Center Supervisor
Liberty Mutual Insurance
A Conference Center Supervisor, working with minimal supervision, plans and manages all aspects of large to complex company meetings and special events hosted internally across designated campus Conference Centers. Clients include senior management, department managers, outside customers, and vendors. This position supervises conference center staff including coordinators and associate coordinators.
- Provide meeting planning support to all levels of internal clients.
- Work with multiple parties to schedule, plan and execute a complex mix of conference center meetings including multi-day, high impact, high visibility meetings, as well as shorter, variable duration meetings.
- Assist the Conference Center Manager in defining daily operations of the Associate Coordinators and Coordinator(s).
- Provide guidance to Conference Center Coordinators, Conference Center Associate Coordinators and contracted personnel at designated locations including scheduling, training, performance reviews and appropriate feedback and coaching.
- Work with Conference Center Manager to develop and manage internal budgets. Utilize multiple on-line tools, such as Reserve and Outlook to streamline the process of planning, sourcing, and managing conference room utilization.
- Respond to client questions and requests. Must be capable of making on-the-spot, sound decisions in unique situations.
- Partner with Conference Center Manager and other departments in the design and implementation of integrated Audio Visual systems.
- Additional duties may include project-related work as assigned by Conference Center Manager. May have responsibilities for after-hours events or weekend meetings.
- Bachelor`s Degree
- A minimum of 3-5 years` experience in Conference/Meeting Planning industry or hospitality background
- Displays strong customer service skills, with high attention to detail
- Knowledge of or experience in project management methodologies
- Must have strong technical aptitude and interest in learning new technology
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates polished interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrates ability to exercise judgment, to shift priorities and to organize multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal direction
- Demonstrates ability to manage people and resources cost-effectively
- Certified Meeting Professional designation preferred
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Products
- Some travel may be required
If interested, submit résumé to:
Carol CrosslandNoelle Lipowicz (Recruiter)