Conference Planning Manager
The Conference Planning Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of their assigned workload. He/she will effectively plan and ensure execution of events, trainings and meetings to include but not limited to dates/timing of arrival and departures, transportation, room set-up, audio/visual and production needs and food service to guarantee client satisfaction.
Education and Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a conference center or a related field required.
• At least 5 or more years of progressive experience in a conference center or related field preferred.
• College course work in related field preferred.
• Proficient computer knowledge/skills required.
• Knowledge of working with conference center programs (PMS & Diagram Systems) required.
• Flexible, weekends and long hours sometimes required.
• Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests and fellow employees.
• Effectively plan and internally communicate client requirements, ensuring all information is accurate between client and center staff.
• Handle multiple programs and different stages of planning simultaneously.
• Work directly with all departments of the conference center to ensure that all appropriate communication for upcoming business is complete and distributed in a timely manner to the management team in the form of Banquet Event Orders and Resumes; including and not limited to the departments below:
o Conference Services/Technology
o Food and Beverage
o Guest Services
o Q Creative/Q Print
• Work with Finance Department to review and complete all post billing then supply client with final invoice.
• Establish and maintain rapport with clients while promoting the effective utilization of conference center facilities and services.
• Conduct walking site inspections and maintain the onsite communication channel between conference center and client.
• Plan and conduct pre and post event meetings with clients to ensure satisfaction and obtain feedback; communicate feedback with applicable departments.
• Maximize exposure through creative promotion both during and pre /post event.
• Provide feedback to Assistant Director of Conference Planning relating to guest comments, observations, rumors, market trends and competitors’ activities.
• Respond to all correspondence with clients.
• Greet guests during events.
• Conduct successful site visits.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
• Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests.
• Maintain confidentiality and security of specified conference center information, correspondence, reports and files.
• Perform all necessary requirements of account lead to assigned account.
• Continuously maintain accurate and updated information in Delphi.
• Assist sales department in rebooking repeat business.
The Q Center:
Q Center is more than a conference center – it’s an experience! With 40 years of experience in meeting planning and special event production, Q Center has become an industry leader with boundless versatility and exceptional levels of service. As the largest full-service conference facilities in the Midwest, our vast 150,000+ square-feet of IACC-certified meeting and event spaces regularly host a variety of occasions, from large-scale Fortune 500 company meetings to small business training and special events, like fundraisers and galas. One thing is for sure – food and fun are abundant at Q Center for all to enjoy. From our 95 acres of recreational fun to exploring local sites and indulging in gourmet cuisine, we aim to make every guest experience beyond expectations. Q Center isn’t just for business meetings and conferences – our multi-talented team and event space makes us one of the Midwest’s premier special event venues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO is the Law Supplement Notice Pay Transparency
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the job title to which you are applying.
If interested, submit résumé to: