Director of Conference Planning Services - Lockheed Martin Hotel & Conference Center
Located adjacent to Lockheed Martin Corporate Headquarters and a quick commute to local business areas, the Center for Leadership Excellence is the place to stay when conducting business in Bethesda, Rockville, or Gaithersburg, Maryland.
The Center for Leadership Excellence has 183 business class guest rooms, including 8 ADA rooms. Please visit the Accommodations page for detailed ADA accessibility information.
The Center for Leadership Excellence has 50,000 square foot of conference space used to support leadership training, professional development courses, business meetings, and conferences.
• Receives upcoming meetings through direct contact with clients and requests from property management system.
• Works with highly complex or high-profile groups when financial impact will be significant.
• Provides client with all necessary information and details regarding their visits (audio visual, set up, food & beverage, information brochures, etc.)
• Assists client with and any special need/request by making arrangements with vendors. (Flowers, decorations, off-site dinners, etc.)
• Coaches client through the different planning phases to obtain necessary information in a timely manner.
• Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
• Works with the Food & Beverage team to ensure operational logistics are accurately presented and are to the property and industry standards.
• Works with operations and catering staff to discuss all logistical details of conference, and may work directly with client
• Attend weekly delivery meeting to review any changes in upcoming programs or special events. Relays all conference details to necessary departments: Rooming list, Transportation forms, BEOs, Special needs, etc.
• Relays all conference details to necessary departments: outside caterers, Transportation forms, BEOs, Set-up sheets, Special needs, etc.
• Inspect status of meeting or classroom set-ups. Make a note of any changes that are inconsistent with the list dailies and BEO’s and take immediate corrective action.
• During room inspection, notify the appropriate departments for items, which may be missing from set-up instructions.
• Maintain organized, legible and coherent customer files for every group, including copies of all correspondence, pricing, financial documents, function sheets and all other documents as required by the client.
• Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters as well holding team accountable for operational and service failures.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Communicates vision for service delivery in Event Management to ensure guest is serviced from arrival to departure
• Represent ARAMARK and Lockheed Martin- CLE in such a manner as to enhance their reputation.
• Champions all Aramark and Lockheed Martin standards, policies and procedures
• Monitor and evaluate team members’ performance
• Oversees turned opportunities’ function space and group room blocks.
• Monitor, on a daily basis, Delphi’s list dailies and banquet event orders to ensure information is up to date and accurate.
• May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends.
• Additional tasks and responsibilities as requested by manager.
Back of the House:
• Maintains inventories to maximize customer satisfaction and revenue opportunities.
• Ensures meeting space and corresponding heart of the house areas are cleaned and maintained.
• Assist in room setup that requires moving tables, chairs, rope and stanchion, buffet tables, highboys, cocktail rounds, soft heavy furniture
• Bachelor Degree in Hospitality or other related field preferred.
• The ideal Candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years in a director or senior level conference planning role.
• Must have strong time management skills, customer service, and attention to detail and be able to perform various tasks simultaneously.
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with clients.
• Must work well independently and as a team member.
• Computer skills necessary.
• Requires a working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, basic computer and internet skills. Delphi sales and catering software experience is highly preferred. SGMP and/or MPI membership is desirable.
• The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
If interested, submit résumé to:
Audy Elliott - HR DirectorPh: 301-581-7979Link to Job posting https://careers.aramark.com/job/?req_id=370720