DIRECTOR OF HOSPITALITY OPERATIONS
What makes FLIK click
What makes FLIK click? Our people. The decisions, actions and attitudes of our associates earn the trust and loyalty of our clients every day. We know how to pick them and we know how to grow them. It starts with hiring people who share our passion for food and hospitality. Once we find the right talent, we encourage, value and recognize their contributions.
We keep our people renewed, excited and engaged by providing hands-on training and educating them about the latest trends. We give them a stake in successfully raising the bar. Our people love what they do and they love sharing their passion. Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish.
Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
The Director of Hospitality Operations is responsible for leading a cross-functional team and managing the day-to-day operations of the meeting facility. The individual in the role will provide overall planning and direction within your location to achieve operations and financial goals, maintain strong client relationships, and ensure we continuously support our communities in our dynamic environment.
- Leads manages, and inspires a diverse team to provide elevated service to clients and guests.
- Drives and develops self and team towards building strong relationships with client(s) and achievement of KPIs (profitability, safety, engagement, etc.)
- Manages local account to ensure decisions are weighed for risk/reward and short/long term implications
- Collaborates with Welcome Host supervisor to better establish policies & procedures for Welcome Host team
- Champions development, performance evaluations, succession planning, and has focused on building single- and multi-unit management skills; have full understanding of all roles within operation; supports the team with tools and systems
- Ensures consistent and fair administration of all policies and procedures
- Provide high-level internal and external customer support.
- Assist with creating a collaborative environment amongst team through events and personal introductions.
- Communicate effectively with peers, displaying accuracy and attention to detail both in verbal and written communications.
- Has the ability to think quickly, analytically, strategically, and accurately
- Shows expert client relationship, influencing, presentation, listening, and communications (written and verbal) skills
- Champions the inclusion mindset, and is proactive, positive, professional, flexible, and resilient
- Demonstrates initiative, ownership, multitasking, prioritization, and organization skills
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritizing tasks and juggling many jobs simultaneously, while constantly interacting with clients and visitors.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of office technology / equipment including Microsoft Suite
- Punctual, dependable, and dedicated to achieving operational excellence, down to the smallest of details.
- Discreet, ethical, and committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- A consistently professional approach, with a mindset to take ownership and responsibility within and outside one’s job domain.
- Two to three years’ experience in an operations management position within a hospitality or corporate environment.
FLIK Hospitality is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
If interested, submit résumé to:
Jeanne Lane, Senior Recruiter