DIRECTOR OF SALES & MARKETING - AT&T Executive Education & Conference Center - Austin
What makes FLIK click
What makes FLIK click? Our people. The decisions, actions and attitudes of our associates earn the trust and loyalty of our clients every day. We know how to pick them and we know how to grow them. It starts with hiring people who share our passion for food and hospitality. Once we find the right talent, we encourage, value and recognize their contributions.
We keep our people renewed, excited and engaged by providing hands-on training and educating them about the latest trends. We give them a stake in successfully raising the bar. Our people love what they do and they love sharing their passion. Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish.
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Working as a Director of Sales & Marketing at the AT&T Executive Education & Conference Center in Austin will allow you the opportunity to work with GREAT people like yourself! The purpose of this job is to lead, manage, coordinate, and execute items related to the entire sales operation and marketing of the hotel. The Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for, but not limited to, revenue management, group sales, catering sales, all outlet sales and conference services. Work with executive committee in setting annual budget, and oversee, direct and manage all Digital Marketing, Communication and PR for the hotel.
- Direct the hotel in the development, implementation and achievement of their annual business and market plan objectives.
- Provide leadership, guidance and assistance relating to the execution of marketing and sales functions, policies and standards.
- Actively participate in the sales process via customer meetings, entertainment and attendance at customer and other relevant industry events.
- Oversee, direct and manage eCommerce and Marketing initiatives for the hotel.
- Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while providing strategic direction of rate, date and space commitments for group room sales of the property.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to increase the property’s market share.
- Directs the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales and Marketing Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report.
- Achieve personal individual revenue goals through solicitation, prospecting, meeting with customers, as well as, the negotiating and contracting processes.
- Work in tandem with GM on the internal client relationship including but not limited to meeting, reporting and relationship building on behalf of the property.
- Provide strategic revenue management plans within the property
- Oversee and maximize revenue contribution from distribution.
- Ensure effective utilization of selling guidelines to maximize revenue contribution from all segments.
- Oversee the management, training and career development of sales staff
- Responsible for recruiting and identifying candidates for sales managerial positions
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by management based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Participate in industry organizations.
- Maintain an open line of communication between guests, employees and management.
- Input and retrieve information from computer system for file maintenance, correspondence and preparation of forecasts and marketing input.
- Assist office in any other administrative duties as needed.
- 4 years college degree required: additional/advanced degree coursework in business administration, marketing and communications a plus.
- Requires substantial operations/sales leadership experience; preferably 10 years or more
- Comparable property size and scope experience preferred
- Proven track record of successes in achieving revenue objectives
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and train sales team
FLIK is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
If interested, submit résumé to:
Jeanne Lane, Senior Recruiter, Compass Group