DIRECTOR OF SALES & MARKETING
What makes FLIK click
What makes FLIK click? Our people. The decisions, actions and attitudes of our associates earn the trust and loyalty of our clients every day. We know how to pick them and we know how to grow them. It starts with hiring people who share our passion for food and hospitality. Once we find the right talent, we encourage, value and recognize their contributions.
We keep our people renewed, excited and engaged by providing hands-on training and educating them about the latest trends. We give them a stake in successfully raising the bar. Our people love what they do and they love sharing their passion. Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish.
The Director of Sales & Marketing represents the property in the development of market segment(s) and new customer relationships while maintaining existing relationships with assigned accounts while consistently striving to maximize revenue in rooms, public space, food and beverage and ancillary products and services.
- Represents the conference center by soliciting, responding to and negotiating with persons requiring group accommodations with or without meeting space and/or onsite catering, based on market segment and account files assigned by the Regional Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Represents property in significant interactions dealing with customers relative to sales and operational questions, concerns and issues.
- Negotiates contracts with customers and commission agreements with third party agencies.
- Initiates the preparation of proposals and/or contracts to advise prospective customers primarily of the guest rooms, meeting space and/or banquet date, space and rate availability. Develop and quote prices for the same.
- Engage in outside sales activities to discuss business opportunities and entertain customers in local and assigned markets (percentage of travel dependent on specific market)
- Direct site visits for respective accounts and participates in tradeshows, industry and customer events.
- Attend weekly sales departmental meeting and other scheduled meetings to support business operations, e.g. tentative review, lost business review, group-pick up, etc.
- Conduct site inspections with potential customers, visiting guest rooms, meeting space and dining/banquet facilities, as well as other property facilities.
- Assimilate into The Granville Inn the family PLATINUM SERVICE culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of PLATINUM SERVICE. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration, Marketing or Communications preferred.
- Requires a minimum of two years experience in conference center or hotel sales.
- Quantitative processing of data via office equipment, mathematical computations and analytical skills necessary to accurately determine and communicate financial, forecasting and space utilization calculations
- Proficiency in the use and operation of computer systems with the ability to navigate efficiently through
Word, Excel, Outlook, Delphi, Market Vision, Internet and Intranet
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to fully comprehend guest requests, memos, proposals, general correspondence and similar written materials.
- Possess a good conceptual understanding of electronic devices and the ability to operate such items as copy machines, voice mail, etc.
- Ability to compete a contract in compliance with all checklists, standards and property policies.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
Apply to Flik today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
If interested, submit résumé to: