Aramark - National Center for Employee Development
The Fitness Center Manager is responsible for all aspects of managing the fitness facility. Driving membership sales, retaining current members, group exercise, marketing plan, building the culture of customer service, and cost containment. This position requires individuals with a high attention to detail, strong leadership qualifications, a strong dedication to customer service and a passion for wellness .
- Manage the group exercise and personal training teams (including: hiring, firing, payroll and performance management issues)
- Train new employees and provide ongoing training for all group exercise and personal training staff.
- Coordinates the group exercise schedule and instructors, conducts Fitness Assessments with all members
- Establish, monitor and analyze the group exercise and personal training budgets.
- Develop and implements policies and procedures for the department.
- Conduct departmental meetings.
- Act as contact person for members regarding group exercise and personal training matters.
- Supervise any specialized fitness program in the department.
- Evaluate program effectiveness and success based on revenues, participation, satisfaction and further interest.
- Responsible for zone management duties which include reporting any facility, janitorial, or capital improvement needs for assigned area.
- Develop and implement programs for client company’s employees: including researching the topic area, benchmarking with other sites, interviewing potential staff/instructors, creating advertisements (mass e-mails, fliers, web page, newsletter articles, bulletin boards), forecasting budgets, setting participation/financial goals, assigning task/training coworkers if needed, scheduling conference rooms and equipment, negotiating fees, establishing contracts, sending/responding to mass e-mails, overseeing flier production/distribution process, e-mailing reminders to registered participants, oral/written communication with hired staff/instructors.
- Evaluate the programs including on-line survey development, e-mailing participants, responding to surveys, compiling survey results, analyze and report statistical and quantitative information, completing program/budget recap report, submitting payment for hired staff/instructors.
- Continually enhance the fitness center through marketing efforts.
- Perform facility and equipment maintenance processes.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
Reports to General Manager.
Strong customer service focus, strong communication skills and a passion for wellness
Must be able to work efficiently – flexible schedule
- Degree in Exercise Physiology/ Exercise Science.
- Certifications: Personal Training, Group Exercise, CPR, Life Saving, AED.
- Must be fluent in English language both spoken and written.
- Computer literate in MS Office programs; Tri-fit, Micro-fit or other health club software.
- Previous Fitness Center Management experience.
ARAMARK is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
If interested, submit résumé to: