General Manager - Lockheed Martin Hotel & Conference Center
Located adjacent to Lockheed Martin Corporate Headquarters and a quick commute to local business areas, the Center for Leadership Excellence is the place to stay when conducting business in Bethesda, Rockville, or Gaithersburg, Maryland. The Center for Leadership Excellence has 183 business class guest rooms, including 8 ADA rooms. Please visit the Accommodations page for detailed ADA accessibility information. The Center for Leadership Excellence has 50,000 square foot of conference space used to support leadership training, professional development courses, business meetings, and conferences. Dine in one of our restaurants featuring fresh, seasonal menus highlighting locally grown and sustainably-sourced ingredients.
• Responsible for the overall operations of the hotel and conference center; including generating revenue, providing exceptional guest service, and maintain operational standards
• Reporting to the District Manager or Vice President of Operations, the General Manager will plan, administer, and direct all unit activities
• Manage the client relationship at the location, while providing hands on execution management of operations.
• Ability to analyze Profit & Loss and General Ledger statements
• Plan and execute business development strategy for growth.
• Plan, direct and oversee multiple services (i.e., front office, rooms division, conference services, audio visual) to meet operating and financial goals, client objectives and customer needs.
• Guide other members of the Executive Committee, Management and staff to make sound business decisions.
• Interact successfully with the client management team.
• Recruitment and development of new and existing managers.
• Be an active and visible positive influence within the property.
• Steps in as acting manager, in the absence of or between hiring a new department head whenever necessary.
• Experienced professional with proven track record in managing customer feedback and creating a positive guest experience.
• Coordinates with our client in-regards to projects and other initiatives within the building.
• Enforces all client and ARAMARK corporate requirements.
• Audit the facility to ensure all areas of the property meet sanitation and cleanliness standards.
• Participates on various committees and customer focus groups as needed.
• Prepares monthly status reports and other reports as requested by management or client.
• Maintain compliance with ARAMARK’s standards of operation, client contract and within ARAMARK’s Business Conduct Policy.
• Ensure that accident reports are promptly completed in the event of an employee or guest injury.
• Maintain all records and reports necessary to comply with ARAMARK, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.
Bachelor Degree in Hospitality or other related field preferred
• The ideal Candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years in a role as a General Manager in a conference center with lodging rooms or a full service property with extensive catering and events
• Candidate should have experience leading multiple departments throughout a property including rooms, conference services, and technology
• Working knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
• Ability to maintain calm demeanor in a fast past environment
• Strong organizational skills and business acumen
• Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
If interested, submit résumé to:
Audy Elliott - HR Director Ph: 301-332-4593To apply please send resumes to the below email address