Resources for Sustainable Workplace Practices
IACC Venues Putting the Heart Back Into Hospitality
As operational leaders, we must commit to reimagining the future for our employees in the same way we have adapted and reinvented guest experiences over the last 18-months. By putting the heart back into hospitality, fostering supportive and growth-oriented work environments, we can create loyal teams, sustainable business, and a brighter outlook for the industry at large. So how do we shift away from being employers of need?
IACC venues are encouraged to invest and think differently about the following principles:
- Prioritising mental health and wellbeing programs to ensure that people feel wanted and valued in the workplace.
- Protect our existing workforces by implementing policies that support fair wages, work/life balance and view individuals in a holistic sense.
- Foster inclusive environments that celebrate diversity and practice workplace equity.
- Provide training programs and experiences that develop employee skill sets that those entering the industry will value and benefit from.
- Adopt technologies that support business models and employees alike.
- Invest in future generations through collaborations and partnerships with hospitality schools, promoting internship opportunities and mentoring
- Help young people to grow and progress their careers in the industry.
Forthcoming IACC Webinars & Education
IACC Shorts: Reskilling your Conference Venue Workforce Part 1: Recruitment- 60 minute virtual led discussion. Register here.
IACC Shorts: Reskilling your Conference Venue Workforce Part 2: Retention & Development- 60 minute virtual led discussion. Register here.
Weekly Updated Resources and Helpful Industry Links to Information and Tools
Workplace Wellness, Diversity, & Inclusion
Accepted Practices by EIC: Resources for Workplace Development
Diversity Ally Podcast: Demystifying Mental Health x The Burden of Being Black Podcast
Staff Reskilling & Development
Events Industry Council’s Certified Meeting Professional Certification is considered a valuable meeting venue staff educational development step to reskilling the workforce: Learn more about how to add the CMP to our recruitment and benefits strategy for venue leaders.
Hiring & Recruitment
Hotel Executive Article: Recruiting and Retaining Gen Z Talent
American Hotel and Lodging Association: Promotional Video on Hiring
State of the Industry
American Hotel and Lodgings Association: Mid Year State of the Industry Report
American Hotel and Lodgings Association: USA State by State Job Losses Data
The steadily changing hospitality landscape, addressing the widening of the talent acquisition and retention gap: Survey