IACC Predictions for the
Meeting Room of The Future
IACC conducted two phases of research in 2016 to find out what the top issues facing the meeting and conference industry are. In the first phase, we completed surveys and interviews with more than 150 meeting planners from 5 continents. And in the second, we surveyed 65 venue operators, suppliers, architects, tech companies and nutritionists worldwide.
Download your free copy of the reports:
Download Report 2 > (Venue Operators) October 2016
IACC MEETING ROOM OF THE FUTURE:
A SURVEY OF MEETING VENUE OPERATORS AND SUPPLIERS
Download Report 1 > (Meeting Planners) April 2016
PREDICTING THE MEETING ROOMS AND SPACES OF THE FUTURE & IMPROVING MEETING DYNAMICS
About the Project
Predict. Create. Shape. IACC Meeting Room of The Future™ is an initiative led by IACC, sharing the association’s vision on what meeting rooms will look like in future. The project brings together research, trends and innovations with the single goal of predicting, creating and shaping the future of meeting environments.
The IACC Meeting Room of The Future™ initiative surveys the industry, including planners, meeting hosts, delegates, operators and suppliers, with the aim of understanding needs and predicting the potential to evolve.
Top three findings in 2016
The first white paper, which reports on current trends and developments and also predicts where future investment will be needed to create the ultimate meeting experience for organizers and delegates, was released in April 2016. The second was released in October 2016. Additional surveys and reports will be coming in 2017.
IACC's research answers important questions, such as:
- Will presentation-driven meetings still account for the majority of meetings delivered in 2020?
- Is the establishment of mobile workplaces affecting what an organisation or their delegates need to get from their meeting experiences?
- What are the most important objectives that venue operators need to know when investing in AV equipment and technology?
- How do we reduce meeting room set up times? What are the technology priorities?
"I just read the IACC Spaces of the future report and want to congratulate IACC for a job well done. The report defines and highlights key expectations and changes we are all experiencing in the market place. Fantastic Job! It is such an exciting time to be involved in the hospitality market. I believe the industry is transitioning paradigms and IACC has a great grasp of what the future holds." -
Join the initiative
Opportunities to participate
IACC is offering key industry partners the opportunity to participate in the 2017 IACC Meeting Room of The Future™ initiative. The initiative will include IACC members, supplier partners, Industry Associations and other bright minds with a passion for the meetings experience!
Become A Contributor / Research Partner
Organizations that support this initiative will receive:
- Appropriate recognition at IACC conferences, events and at other industry events where the results are presented
- Pre-release copy of key survey findings
- Opportunity to contribute to the research design
- Opportunity to provide products, services, expertise and knowledge to design, equip and promote the IACC Meeting Room of The Future™ concept at IACC conferences and events
- Quoted in at least 2 press releases and industry articles where IACC Meeting Room of The Future™ is featured, including press interviews
- Supporter/Contributor recognition on the IACC Meeting Room of The Future™ web page on IACCmeetings.com and IACConline.org
For further information on how to become involved in the IACC Meeting Room of The Future™ initiative in 2017, email Mark Cooper firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 312 224 2580 to reserve your sponsorship package today.
IACC Meeting Room of The Future Publishes First Research - MICExpo.com
IACC Meeting Room of The Future publishes first research - Food Industry Today
IACC: Inside the Meeting Room of The Future - International Meetings Review
IACC Meeting Room of The Future publishes its first meetings research - BizEventsAsia
IACC’s first research - Business Events News
Heidi Nieson, Hospitality Sales Manager, SICO America, Inc.
"I shared the above report with our CEO and other executives at PSAV and all were very impressed. Everyone who’s seen and read it are very impressed and excited to see how we can get more involved." - Joe Santo, Vice President Business Development, PSAV
"We are very excited to partner with IACC on this project and congratulate all involved in creating this valuable research and report. We are excited about the possibility of digging deeper into the subject of evolving meeting spaces and studying the impact they have on meeting performance." - Jessie States, Manager professional Development, Meeting Professionals International
"We are in the middle of a £50m strategic repositioning and investment program for our meeting spaces in our UK venue portfolio and IACC’s study and research into this area will be of great value for us. It is like a 'breath of fresh air' to see research of this type."
- UK member of conference venues
Download Report 2 (Venue Operators) | Download Report 1 (Meeting Planners)